Saturday, September 25, 2021

Essentials of Murder by Kim Davis My Review

 


About the book

Following a scandal that chased her from San Francisco, Carissa Carmichael struggles to find acceptance in her small Southern California hometown as she opens her aromatherapy and reflexology shop.


When she finds a man murdered in her distilling room, Carissa becomes the main suspect, especially when her fingerprints are found on the murder weapon. Despite her father’s position as Oak Creek Valley’s chief of police, most townspeople assume she’s guilty—including the new leading detective.


Refusing to run again, Carissa knows she must prove her innocence to save her shop and her family’s reputation. With suspects acting as slippery as the essential oils she distills, it’s up to Carissa to apply pressure and sniff out the truth before it’s too late.


If you like your cozies with quirky hometown characters, small-town California charm, recipes, and essential oil and reflexology tips, Book 1 in the Aromatherapy Apothecary cozy mystery series is for you. Clean read: no graphic violence, sex, or strong language.

And I thought 

What a fun page turning read! 

I simple loved Carissa and all the characters! 

Author Kim Davis did an excellent job of introducing the reader to characters in this new series. 

I loved the Cozy small town feel.  And the cozy shop that Carissa is opening.  I almost felt like I was there.  Or wished I was. 

I did miss that the author didn't include more information about the topics of Aromatherapy and Reflexology or recipes. I am very interested in the topics. 

The main character Carissa is a hardworking girl trying to settle back into her hometown and open shop. 

The story is fast paced and moves along at a good pace luring the reader to turn the pages. 

I was surprised who the villain was. 

And I was going back and forth about if Carissa would find romance with the pastry shop owner or the detective.   

In the end my question  was answered  and this reader was left anxiously awaiting the next book in the series. 

I received my copy when I took part in a free offer. 

My review will appear on and Good Reads. 

Buy the book 

Available on Amazon

Click Here



No comments:

Post a Comment