Friday, November 19, 2021

Murder In New Orleans by Denise Jaden My Review

 


About the book 

This humorous, contemporary travel mystery was originally published as Murder of a Po’ Boy in the When the Cat’s Away Anthology


A food tour in New Orleans where murder is on the menu…


When Mallory Beck wins a food tour experience in New Orleans, she invites teenage Amber, her foodie BFF, to join her on a road trip of French and creole cuisine. Mallory’s cat-sitter cancels at the last minute, and presumptuous, cheeky Hunch helps himself to shotgun in Mallory’s Prius. A good thing, too, because when a know-it-all food tour participant turns up dead and wrapped in Mardi Gras beads, they’ll need Hunch’s keen nose to sniff out any foul play.


Surrounded by tight-lipped locals and voodoo theories, Mallory and her team of sleuths have their work cut out for them to clear Amber’s name from suspicion and get to the bottom of what happened to the Po’ Boy who didn’t make it through to the last stop on the food tour.


You'll love the strong friendships and the cranky crime-solving cat who thinks he's a dog in this new whodunit. Order Murder in New Orleans now!

And I thought  

A fun and charming read!  

I quickly turned the pages and finished in one afternoon/evening. 

These are the kind of reads I especially like.  Ones that capture me on page one and keep  my interest till the end.  

And then some . . . 

. . . It ended to soon!  

I could have spent a few more hours in NOLA with Mallory, Amber and Hunch. 

These three just weave their way into your heart.  Kind of like the cat that weaves thru your leg. 

I loved Mallory and Amber's team work in investigating. 

I enjoyed the plot and the Who Dun It.  And the murder method was surprising. 

The earlier titles are on my Wish List. 

My review will appear on Amazon and Good Reads. 


Buy the book   

Available on Amazon 

Here



No comments:

Post a Comment