Thursday, February 22, 2018

Rock King by Tara Leigh-Book Review-Buoni Amici Press Tour


About the book (provided by Buoni Amici Press)
Fans of Kristen Callihan and Kylie Scott will scream for this sizzling bad boy rock star romance!
I’m not who you think I am.
Shane Hawthorne has it all. At least, that’s what the headlines say about me. I have millions of fans, awards, more money – and women – than I know what to do with. But what you don’t see is the wreckage I’ve caused. The memories and pain I can’t escape, even when I pour them into music and spin them into gold.
I tried to forget. To lose myself in booze and groupies. It didn’t work. It hurt me and – worse – it hurt my band. That’s the last thing I want to do, so I’m cleaning up my act… starting with Delaney Fraser.
Gorgeous, smart, drama-free, and even nice – Delaney is the perfect “girlfriend.” When I’m with her I don’t have to pretend. It’s like she sees the real me. And I can see a future with her. But that’s dangerous. Because the truth is, Shane Hawthorne doesn’t actually exist. He’s a shield to hide who I really am. Fraud. Runaway. Addict. Murderer.
And it’s impossible to love a lie, right?
The Nothing but Trouble series:
Rock King
Rock Legend
Rock Rebel
And I thought 
Something told me I would love this book.  Maybe it was the cover.  Maybe it was the description.  Maybe it was both. 

But indeed I really, really enjoyed this love story.  
But 
Rock King was much more than a simple contemporary romance.
Rock King was filled with love and romance.  
Rock King was filled with passion.
Rock King was filled with ?'s, lies and betrayal.

This was a page turner.  Expect to read this book in a few hours or a day.  Give yourself some time to enjoy this story.  It is worth it.

The characters and their stories draw you in and keep you turning the pages.  

From Piper the girl from Delaney's high school  (they weren't really friends).  To Travis 'the fixer'.  To Gavin Shane's brother.
Each of the characters are a part of the story and make the story come alive from their own background roles. 

And then there is Delaney and Shane.  They each have a past and their own stories.  

Delaney stumbles into meeting Shane and wants to run. 

Shane takes one look at Delaney and is smitten.  But he doesn't realize it.  He thinks he's just 'in lust'. 

Shane and Delaney are great characters.  I was rooting for both of them.  They each had past issues that had caused them to evolve into who they are.  They had to figure out how to 'get past' the past and move on.  

And they did.  This was a fun and actually sweet romance.  There are a few bedroom scenes that are written very tastefully.  Grand ma may blush a little. 

This review will appear on retail sites where available.
This review will appear on Good Reads.  

The author ended the book with the following . . . 
Rock King deals with substance abuse.  Shane Hawthrone
may have conquered his addiction with the help of hired girlfriends, but in real life, the struggle is likely much more 
difficult and can feel overwhelming.  
There are resources out there to help.  Alcoholics Anonymous,
Narcotics Anonymous, and Sex Addicts Anonymous, like I mention in the book.   You can also speak to a parent, a trusted friend, or a religious counselor. There are rehab centers, both residential and outpatient.  Support groups and online communities.  
Even when it feels as if the entire world is conspiring against you,
please take that leap of faith and try again.  
Your are not alone, and your life matters.  
All my love 
Tara

Visit the tour
Click here to visit the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment