Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Hatteras Girl--Alice J. Wisler--Review

Hatteras Girl--Book Review

Call me weird but they had me from the cover. Doesn't this book look like fun?
And here are my thoughts on . . .
Alice J. Wisler's Hatteras Girl . . . I really enjoyed it once I got into it. It did take me a few chapters. But, I am glad I stuck with it. It was a fun and sweet story with just a little suspense in it. The author leaves the reader with just a few questions about just what is going on with the owner of the Bed and Breakfast that the heroine Jackie wants so much to buy.
I have to say that I kind of really 'got' Jackie as she struggles through the everyday life of a single woman looking for and waiting for "Mr. Right". She struggles with well meaning family that seem to spend too much time setting her up with would be candidates. And, she struggles with helping her best friend with her 2 year old son. I loved the sweet spirit that Jackie represents. And, I could relate to her 'getting ahead of God' as she wonders and ponders God's desire for her life and the Bed and Breakfast that she dreams of owning.

From the back cover:
Jackie Donovan prays for two things: an honest, wonderful man to marry and to own a bed-and-breakfast on the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina. In the meantime, she works for Lighthouse Views, writing articles about local business owners, and intrepidly goes on the blind dates set up by her well-meaning but oh-so-clueless relatives.

Here's what the author says about the book:
My third novel, Hatteras Girl, will be released by Bethany House in October. The cover has been completed and I'm excited.So what is the novel about? Read on.There are two things that journalist Jackie Donavan dreams about--marriage and owning a bed and breakfast in Nags Head, NC.But why is the bed and breakfast she desires deteriorating, and why won't her relatives behave so that she can go out with the handsome realtor? Filled with quirky friends and relatives that help and hinder Jackie to and from her goals, Hatteras Girl, is about uncovering the truth while finding the way to your dreams.
For more info. you can visit the authors blog. Click here.

This is one that I would recommend for any age audience. It is easy enough to read for the late teen through the older adult.

Hatteras Girl is available at Amazon andChristian Book (dot) Com.
Book Information:
ISBN:
978-0-7642-0732-7
ISBN-10:
0-7642-0732-6
Dimensions:
5.5 x 8.5
Number of pages:
320
Publication Date:
Oct. 10
Formats:
Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment