Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Mary's Place Reflections & Recipes-Cookbook Review

Mary's Place Reflections & Recipes

Italic

What a fun book. I was excited to get the opportunity to finally do a review on a cookbook. And I was lucky because this isn't just a cookbook. It is filled with fun stories of the authors experiences as 'city girl' living in an isolated mountain 'get a way'. Well maybeisolated isn't such a good description. Read on and I'll explain.

This fun book is filled with 60 recipes ( I didn't count that is what the publisher said). I did read and lingered over the recipes. Some I might try and some I probably won't but it was a fun book to read. It was easy too because there are no chapters just basically short stories of 1 or 2 pages between the recipes.

This is a re-post of a review I did a few years ago.  I went to Amazon and found current information.  Click Here. Amazon doesn't seem to have any new copies but there are a few 'used' copies with very good deals.  Check it out. 

I know you'll enjoy it if you go to Amazon orBarnes and Noble to purchase or it is available through the publisher.

As I always do I did took the time to check out the authors website and here's what I found.



Isn't this just the prettiest little table. Do you see the tea pot and lovely little cups. It looks like it must have been set around Thanksgiving isn't the turkey darling? Well if you near Mary's Place which is located in theWenatchee National Forest in Naches, Washington you can visit and make an appointment to stop in for tea. There is also a gift shop. So you see it apparently isn't really isolated.
Here's the book info:
192 page
Trade Paperback 5 1/2" by 8 1/2"
Memoir/cookbook
Pub Date: 2010ISBN: 9780615348377
Published by Northwoods Publishing


No comments:

Post a Comment