Thursday, August 24, 2023

Her Own Revolution Great Escapes Book Tour my Review

 



About the book 

A Woman Forges a Treacherous Path to Save Hundreds from the Guillotine

If Geneviève Fouquier-Tinville had the same rights as a man, she wouldn’t have to dress like one, which she does to attend University—forbidden to women. By swearing her commitment to the revolution, she succeeds in convincing her father, the Public Prosecutor who condemns thousands to the guillotine, to hire her as a court clerk. But she intends to earn passage to join her lover, Henri, in America.

Tasked with copying lists of names scheduled for execution, she reads Louis LaGarde, a fallen noble whom she despises for having exposed her as a woman when they both attended University. Believing him innocent, she replaces his name with one already dead, saving his life. But she realizes that unless she forges a treacherous path, hundreds more will perish at her father’s hands.

When a Revolutionary hunts her down, she must accept LaGarde’s help, yet she denies her attraction to him out of loyalty to Henri. She fights for her life and the lives of those she’s come to love, but she must face the truth of her own heart.

And others are saying 

Debra Borcherts’s Her Own Revolution is the gripping story of a young woman who risks everything, a fast-paced story that draws the reader in with its tremendous world-building as you traverse the streets of Paris with Genevieve to encounter both loathsome and endearing characters.

~Novels Alive

And I thought 

Not my normal read. 

But I was intrigued. 

The cover kinda 'got me'. 

I was not disappointed.  

Her Own Revolution drew me in and kept me turning the pages.  

Although I liked the story line as a new reader to the genre and series I felt like I would have benefitted from reading book 1. 

If I get the chance I will definitely read it.  

Genevieve is a strong and independent character with situations and challenging circumstances that caused her to risk her very life.  And makes her question her hopes of love. 

The author developed not only the story but takes the reader on a journey and almost makes you feel like you Are in  Paris and a Loire Valley vineyard during the French Revolution.   

My thanks to the author and Great Escapes Tour for the introduction.  

Buy the book 

        – Amazon – B&N – Kobo                     Bookshop.org 

Visit the tour 

To read more reviews, special posts and enter the giveaway click Here

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for your terrific insights and for having me as a guest! Those endearing characters appear in Book 3: her Own War.

    ReplyDelete