Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Hot Pursuit by Lynn Raye Harris-Book Review

Hot Pursuit (A Hostile Operations Team Novel - Book 1) by [Harris, Lynn Raye]

About the book 
He took her innocence. He broke her heart. He's the only one who can save her life...

Evie Baker hasn’t seen Matt Girard in ten years. Not since the night she gave him her virginity. Now the Black Ops soldier is back in town and looking to make things right. Too bad she doesn’t believe a word he says. But when her sister goes missing and Evie’s suddenly a suspect in a murder, Matt’s the only man she can trust to keep her safe.

Matt knew Evie wanted forever ten years ago, but all he wanted was escape. He’s older and wiser now, and he knows what matters. He’ll do whatever it takes—break any rules necessary—to protect Evie and find her sister. 

And then he’ll do everything he can to win his best friend’s heart and prove he’s the man she needs him to be. 

The Hostile Operations Team is a covert military Black Ops unit. Their motto is Where None Dare. H.O.T. operators come from all branches of the military. The only criteria for membership: they must be the best of the best! 

**Start reading HOT today and enjoy an action-packed, seriously romantic and steamy-good-fun military romantic suspense. Each book can be read as a standalone (though you might enjoy them in order). No cliffhangers and a guaranteed happily-ever-after ending! 

And I thought
I always enjoy being introduced to a new author and a new series.
Getting in a series at book 1 is always fun. 

Lynn Raye Harris did not disappoint.  I really, really enjoyed her new book Hot Pursuit 

I was actually looking for another book that I need for an upcoming tour.  I thought it was this one.  So it was a nice surprise to meet a new author to me. 

I really did enjoyd this one.  MaMa might 'Blush' and frown abit but Jazzy GrandMa would be fanning herself and turning the pages. 
I sure did
There were a few bedroom scenes and yes the door was open but they were tasteful. 

I enjoyed the characters.  I enjoyed the plot.  
There was a lot of drama going on in town besides the younger sister getting kidnapped and the ex causing all kinds of chaos for 
Evie. 

Evie was a great character handled all the drama, chaos and running for her life in stride.  But that was mainly because Matt was there to keep her safe and figure out who the bad guys are and what exactly they are after. 

Hot Pursuit was a page turner.  The author gives you a fast paced suspenseful story. 

Hot Pursuit is well written and I look forward to the next one in the series. 

The only thing that I did not like about the book was the ending. 
It's not really negative because the main characters appear to stay with us for the next book but they relocate. 

I was disappointed because I really liked the setting the small town and all the characters.  I hope that we get to come back for more. 

Hot Pursuit is available on Amazon Kindle free.

My review will appear on Amazon, Good Reads and promoted on Social Media. 

Buy the Book 
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment