Friday, February 4, 2022

Murder Comes Ashore by Julie Ann Lindsey My Review

 

About the book   

When one beach closes another case opens for this amateur island investigator

Life is improving for Patience following her return to Pony Island. She’s making headway as a concierge counselor, to cautious clients, in a town too small for discretion, and she’s even managing to ignore her ex-boyfriend’s shameless charm and flirtation. Mostly.

But she’s barely recovered from her recent run-in with a killer when body parts begin washing up on the beach, and her parents are named as suspects!

Now, Patience is diving deep into a personal investigation with the help of Sebastian, her current crush and federal agent. And her pesky ex-boyfriend, Adrian, is never far behind. He’s hoping to crack the case and gain favor in the upcoming mayoral election.

Can Patience find the answers she needs before the killer finds her? Or will she be the next to wash ashore?

And I thought  

I hate to say things like . . . 

They keep getting better. 

 But they do!

I loved book 1. 

I knew I would love book 2.   

Because I've already read and loved book 3.  Which I will reread now that I have read 1&2.  

I can honestly  say I think they do get better and better. 

And maybe that's  cliche but it's  the truth! 

Maybe it is because  author

 Julie Ann Lindsey  writes and describes characters in away that they really do become real. 

The town of Pony Island seems real to me.  I love the Island vibe.  The shops.   The towns folk.  It is easy to get to know everyone.   

Pony Island seems  like a fun place.  Most of the time. 

But even though murders keep happening.   Everyone seems to know that Patience Price along with the FBI, her exboyfriend/ex suspect/Mayoral Candidate and the new stand in Sheriff will muddle things out and catch the bad guys and keep Patience out if trouble at the same. 

As Adrian the ex and Sebastian the FBI agent new almost boyfriend  work out a sort of agreement to make sure Patience doesn't  get smashed in a hit and run, blown up in a bombed building, get set on fire in a grilling accident  or drown in a cave among other things. 

Good thing they all have plenty of Patience. 

 I suspect they all have Team Patience shirts.  

No spoilers.  You need to read the series!  

I received  a complimentary  advanced reader copy. 

My review  will appear on Amazon and Good Reads. 

Buy the book 

Available  on Amazon 

Click Here 

The series 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment