Sunday, July 23, 2023

Murder Under A Western Moon by Abigail Keam Great Escapes Book Tour My Review

 July 24 – My Reading Journeys – REVIEW    


About the book 

Mona is the American Phyrne Fisher!


Mona Moon and her new husband, Robert Farley, Duke of Brynelleth are about to board an ocean liner to Merry Old England for their honeymoon when Mona receives an urgent telegram from Rupert Hunt, her eyes and ears in the Moon copper mines.


POTENTIAL RIOT AT MONTANA MINE STOP DEAD MINER STOP POSSIBLE MURDER STOP COME AT ONCE STOP RUPERT HUNT


Since the copper mines are the financial backbone of Moon Enterprises, Mona has no choice but to drop her plans and travel to Montana on the next train. She and Robert descend into a world of seething resentments, bitter accusations against Moon Enterprises, and bad decisions that pose a threat to Mona’s world. She travels incognito to search out the truth of Rupert’s allegations against the mining management. She must decide if Rupert is trying to prevent an innocent man from being hung for murder or if he is part of a grandiose plot against her. After all, Mona had been kidnapped by Rupert while searching for the Swift silver mine a year ago. Rupert is a scoundrel, but Mona hired him to be her scoundrel. Is this another of Rupert’s games? Regardless of the threat, Mona must get to the bottom of it. Thank goodness Robert is by her side . . . or could Robert have his own agenda?

And I thought 

Historical set books have to work hard to get my attention. 

Author Abigail Jean worked extra hard to not only get my attention.  But I was kept  interested.  

Even though I was launched it at book 11 I wasn't too confused. 

I would have liked to have read a few of the earlier titles as the main character Mona is quiet the adventurer and earlier titles set the stage for her current adventure into holy matrimony having just married a British Duke leads to all kind of interesting adventures. 

Turning the pages did take a bit of determination at present because I don't have a lot of time to read and I am currently easily distracted.  The chapters did seem a little long to me.  

This is one series that might be fun to start at the beginning. 

I will be putting it in my Wish List. 


Buy the book 


Amazon Apple Books Nook Amazon UK Amazon AU Amazon CA


Visit the tour

Read an excerpt, guest posts and reviews click Here

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the review. Much appreciated. Abigail Keam

    ReplyDelete