Thursday, September 12, 2024

A Bride For Harley by Heidi Grey McGill feat New Spainish Version

 A7thor Heidi Grey McGill shares the story behind translating her book into Spainish 


I originally wrote A Bride for Harley because I’ve always been passionate about sharing Jesus. Loretta, the wayward child, has tough choices in this coming-of-age historical fiction. God redeems her defiant and disobedient ways and brings her to a full life of joy and peace. We all need a reminder of God’s grace.  

But my heart extends beyond the typical reader and leans heavily toward those who speak a language other than mine. As the retired founder and director of an English as a Second Language (ESL) ministry, I interacted with hundreds of students eager to learn English. I quickly learned that sharing Jesus with them often meant using simple actions or words.

“He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.'” Mark 16:15 (NIV)

Our mission was to provide every student with a Bible in their native language. However, I realized that understanding and applying God’s Word to our daily lives is greatly enhanced when we see it lived out in a story. This unique approach led me to create La Elegida para Harley, a book that brings Scripture to life and shows how faith can be woven into the fabric of our everyday experiences.  

Language (ESL) ministry, I interacted with hundreds of students eager to learn English. I quickly learned that sharing Jesus with them often meant using simple actions or words.

“He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.'” Mark 16:15 (NIV) 

One of my former advanced-level ESL students, Katia, recently translated A Bride for Harley into Spanish. This has allowed me to reach even more people with the message of God’s redeeming love, making it accessible to Spanish-speaking individuals who can benefit from reading Christian fiction and seeing Scripture in action.

Who do you know who may benefit from hearing the message of salvation and redemption as lived out through the lives of my characters? Would you consider sharing this link or purchasing a copy to gift to them?  

Or, if you know missionaries or laymen in Mexico and Latin America, you can send them this link: La Elegida para Harley – Mexico Amazon Link

Thank you for walking beside me in ministry. 

Available on Amazon click Here 

Purchase the English version Here 

Visit the author click Here



No comments:

Post a Comment