Monday, September 20, 2021

New Releases That Caught My Eye

   



A Calculated Whisk by Victoria Hamilton (Cozy)

When a woman living under a cloud of suspicion for her husband’s death comes to vintage kitchen collector Jaymie Leighton with a mysterious request, she’s not sure whether, or how much, to get involved. The police believe they have new evidence of foul play in what was initially ruled an accidental death, and the woman’s terrified they’ll try to pin the crime on her. 

Available on Amazon

Click Here

I actually just finished by Reading this one for the Great Escapes Book Tour.  Loved it!  Loved the cover!  This cover drew me in! 




Lanterns Lakes & Larceny
 by Tonya Kappes 

Let me be the first person to welcome you to Normal, Kentucky located in the heart of the Daniel Boone National Forest. I'm Mae West the owner of Happy Trails Campground.

Over the past few months my love life has been on what you'd call a slippery slope. Just this past week I'd resigned to the fact that me and Hank Sharp was caput! Done with. No more!

And when I got a phone call during Bobby Ray's meeting with his birth mother from Hank, I felt like I was wrapped up between a nightmare and a dream.
Let me cut to the chase.
Hank's best friend Jerry Truman is a local private investigator and he's got a HUGE case that includes a dead body. Of course I've not stuck my nose in it because honestly it has nothing to do with me. Those are the kinda murders I like, but now that Hank has told me he's back and helping Jerry, and get this...they need me to use my sleuthing skills to help them, it's now my business.
One, because I love to snoop and two because by the sound of things, Hank Sharp misses me as much as I miss him.
You see, this case will be a double win!
At least that's what I thought until I'm the one staring into the barrel of a shot gun when I found out a little too much information. 

Available on Amazon
Click Here


A Fatal Feast by Kathleen Bridge (Cozy)

Tensions are high on the eve of the grand opening of Privé, an exclusive gourmet dining club that interior designer Meg Barrett played a large part in decorating. With just the well-heeled owners, the kitchen staff, and Meg gathered for the pre-opening feast, it seems that everyone in the small group is airing their grievances, with their most venomous attacks directed at the notorious sous chef. 

Available on Amazon

Click Here 


Toffee Apple Torment by Agatha Frost (Cozy)

When Claire’s mother, Janet, starts a new cleaning business and uncovers a decades-old crime, the candle shop owner and part-time sleuth finds herself faced with her first cold case.

Available on Amazon

Click Here





Death Rang The Bell by Carol Pouliot (Traditional)

21st-century journalist Olivia Watson thinks traveling back in time to 1934 to attend a Halloween party with her friend Detective Steven Blackwell will be a lot of fun. And it is. . .until she witnesses the head of the Shipley Five-and-Dime empire murdered, and fears the killer saw her face. The smart move is to return to the safety of the present, but Olivia possesses a secret and is about to defy the unwritten rules of time-travel.


Murder At The House On The Hill by Victoria Walters 

Nancy Hunter and her grandmother Jane Hunter run the Dedley Endings Bookshop, selling crime, thriller and mystery books, in a small, quiet Cotswold village where nothing ever happens. That is, until the wealthy and reclusive Roth family open up their mansion for the first time in thirty years, inviting the people of Dedley End to a lavish engagement party. 

Available on Amazon

Click Here


No comments:

Post a Comment