Friday, December 9, 2022

Frozen Detective by Amanda Flower my Review

 


About the book 

A wealthy doctor invites many friends to spend a week at a giant ski villa…only to wind up dead. The police call it a hunting accident. His much-younger wife doesn’t buy it. 

Darby Piper, a seasoned private eye, and Tate Porter, who inherited half of the detective agency, are glad to take the case. They go undercover as a romantic couple at the villa, where guests are still enjoying their free luxury vacation and catered meals. As they dig up secret grudges, Darby’s jealous ex-boyfriend on the police force thinks they’re wasting their time. 

Will Darby and Tate discover the murderer…or will it become another cold case? This cozy mystery contains a free Hallmark original recipe.

And I thought 

I received  an audio version  from Net Galley. 

I have not read any books by Amanda  Flower. 

I really  enjoyed it.  So much that I want read the previous book in this 2 book series. 

Frozen Detective does not read like a book 2.  I thought there were several  in the series.  It just flowed like Darby and Tate had solved many mysteries together. 

The set up in Frozen Detective was the sleuths were undercover playing a couple at a weekend at an exclusive lodge in the mountains.  

Getting to the epilogue there is a discussion of Darby and Tate posing as brother and sister on a new case leading to the next book. 

There was a large cast of guests, friends and a frenemy.  Along with hotel staff.  And then the new Detective  in town who happens to be Darcy's ex.  That doesn't  quite seem like he is totally into that role.  

Austin the Detective  and Tate seem both  to have hidden  feelings for Darby and tend to dance around each other. And it's  not a waltz.

The storyline  was really good with twisty and turns that keep you guessing.   

This is a great series. I look forward  to reading more. 

The description  said there is a recipe at the end which was not included in the copy I received.  

I like recipes.  

I liked the narration but I thought the mens voices were struggled. 

My review  will  appear on Amazon,  Good Reads  and NetGalley.   

The series


Buy the book 

  Available on Amazon 

Click Here





No comments:

Post a Comment